Codebits VI was truly an amazing experience! Everything was organized to the most tiny detail, the audience was great, interested in learning and sharing they knowledge. I met some of the most brilliant techie minds both from Portugal and abroad. So in the end, although very, very tired I was very, very happy and with a sense “mission accomplished”!
The Arcade Man space was located at the Hardware Den next to my “partners in crime” of Artica, that developed the most amazing remote control car that you could drive with one of my arcade machines, the Sega Rally one. Next to us, was also:
As I said before it was the most amazing experience and I can’t thank Celso Martinho
enough for the challenge and trust. He really is a believer and I dare to say we made a bit of history at Codebits VI
when we joined forces with The Raspberry Pi Foundation
and built an arcade machine with a modern twist: using a Raspberry Pi
computer on the 15 Hrtz arcade monitor
(HDMI->VGA (31Khz)->RGB/S(15Khz)! So thank you Rob Bishop
for helping us out!
But I can’t end this post without thanking all of you Codebits
geeks for having my “Arcade Fix”
badge and of course Rafael Pereira
who became a surprisingly awesome helper!
I hope to see you all next year and beware … some really wacky things are on their way 😀
The “head” will support the TV. This part will be fixed to the cabinet with two large bolts so that it can be removed whenever required.
This “head” must be well reinforced, because it’ll have to bear most of the tv weight.
The area where the “head” will be screwed should also have a hole large enough to pass any type of cable that has to make the connection between one part and another. In this case I’ll need to pass the TV power cord and vga cable that will connect to the console. It’ll also be useful to pass some lighting cables. You can see in the picture below the 2 holes for the bolts (M18) that’ll fix the “head” to the cabinet.
Marking the fixing holes for the TV “head” must be made with some accuracy. It’ll prevent holes wrongly marked, that will result in a wrong installation or even the impossibility to fix it.
By removing the back cover of the TV, I managed to make an exact mark for the fixing holes … let’s see how it goes…:)