Destiny 2 holds a massive arsenal of weapons from pistols to rifles and snipers to even grenade launchers. Each with different rarities holds a level of importance. One such weapon is the Destiny 2 Mountaintop.
There are over 50 grenade launchers that are available in Destiny 2. It is near impossible to decide which one is better. They’re all situational, which means none are flexible under various circumstances.
Among all the grass, there is one flower that instantly catches the eye with its beauty: Destiny 2 The Mountaintop Grenade Launcher. It is easily one of the most surprisingly powerful grenade launchers with a unique perk.
In this article, you will read about its greatness as well as how you can get your hands on this monstrosity yourself.
Also Read: Destiny 2 Weapon Spreadsheet
What is The Mountaintop?
A Kinetic Grenade Launcher that is lightweight is already an incredibly surprising configuration. Well, that is The Mountaintop. A Legendary Grenade Launcher that is able to shoot in a straight line towards its target with the help of a unique perk. Just when we thought that its being lightweight was a major buff, it exceeded our expectations. There are two perks that turn The Mountaintop into a more fearsome nightmare.
Also Read: How To Get Kinetic Weapon Mods
- Micro-Missile: This is an incredibly unique perk for The Mountaintop. Activating this perk allows it to fire in a straight line (without bullet-drop effect) with an overpowering increased projectile speed.
- Sticky Grenades: The Mountaintop is the only lightweight grenade launcher available in Destiny 2 with the Sticky Grenades perk advantage. As the name suggests, this perk enables the projectile to stick to the surface that it lands on.
It would be wise not to forget that the perks aren’t the only things that make this grenade launcher great. The overall stats of the launcher are just as good, which makes it a reliable ally.
Weapon and Hidden Statistics of The Mountaintop in Destiny 2:
- Blast Radius: 55
- Velocity: 78
- Handling: 72
- Zoom: 13
- Rounds Per Minute: 90
- Stability: 31
- Reload Speed: 67
- Magazine: 1
- Bounce Direction: Tends Right
- Bounce Intensity: 38
- Recoil: 62
- Aim Assistance: 75
- Inventory Size: 61
After knowing just how incredible The Mountaintop Grenade Launcher is, no doubt you’re wondering how to get mountaintop in destiny 2. After all, it would be a great deal of help for it to be a part of your arsenal. Read further on how to get mountaintop in Destiny 2.
How To Get Mountaintop in Destiny 2?
Now, Destiny 2, how to get The Mountaintop is your question, right? Well, there are two ways that we have summarized for you down below. One through a quest and the other through purchase.
Completing the Mountaintop Quest
The quest you need to complete to get Destiny 2 Mountaintop is called “The Ascent Quest”. You need to talk to Lord Shaxx in the Tower Courtyard to start this task. However, before heading for the task, there is one thing that you need to keep in mind.
In order to make this quest available, the Brave Glory Rank needs to be reached. To do so, you need to earn 200 Glory Points by winning competitive Crucible PvP matches. This would not be much of a challenge; however, you need it to start the quest.
Now, once all that is out of the way, follow the steps to get yourself Destiny 2 The Mountaintop:
- Once you start the ascent quest, you will need to complete a Triumph known as “In Pursuit of Honor.” For this, you would have to finish multiple objectives when playing Crucible PvP matches.
- These objectives include 75 Double Kills, 25 Triple Kills, as well as a total of 750 Kills with Grenade Launchers. In order to boost this process, try playing Iron Banner because then your kills would be worth double or even triple the base amount.
- To access The Ascent quest, you are required to have the Brave Glory Rank. However, in order to complete this task, you are required to reach the Glory Rank “Fabled,” which requires a total of 2,100 Glory Points. Remember that reaching the “Fabled” rank will help you get other great sought-after weapons that are connected to the Crucible, so it is worth all the effort to reach this rank.
Finally, once you have reached the “Fabled” Glory Rank and completed “In Pursuit of Honor,” all that is left is to head back to Lord Shaxx in the Tower Courtyard and turn in the quest. You will then receive The Legendary Mountaintop Grenade Launcher as a reward.
Below are some of the weapons guide you can get in Destiny 2:
- How To Get Anarchy in Destiny 2
- How to Get Ikelos Shotgun in Destiny 2?
- How To Get Hammerhead In Destiny 2?
- How To Get The Recluse in Destiny 2?
- How To Get Dust Rock Blues In Destiny 2?
- How To Get Trinity Ghoul In Destiny 2?
Purchasing The Mountaintop From The Tower
The Mountain to Lost Lights in The Tower acts as a collection or, much rather, a graveyard for weapons. Every possible weapon, either Legendary or Exotic, which has once been a part of a Quest, Mission, Raid, or whatever, can be found in this Monument. Even if the original content sources of these weapons have been wiped from the game, they will most likely be available in the Tower.
Now, how to get Destiny 2 Mountaintop, you ask? Well, you will have to buy it from the tower with particular resources and currencies. You will need the following for The Mountaintop:
- Two Ascendant Shards
- Seven Enhancement Prisms
- 250 Legendary Shards
- 150,000 Glimmer
After gathering all the mentioned resources, you simply need to head to the “Legacy Gear” section in The Tower. There you will finally see The Mountaintop Destiny 2 in the “Crucible Weapons” section.
Within this article, we have briefed on how to get The Legendary Mountaintop Grenade Launcher in Destiny 2 as well as why it is a weapon worth having. Having this weapon in your arsenal will indeed strike fear in the hearts of those who oppose your judgment, and while you punish them for it, it will surely be fun as well.