Izanagi’s Burden in Destiny 2 is a highly sought-after weapon and possibly the best DPS weapon that is available in the game right now. It is especially strong in PvE activities and is a Black Armory Weapon. In this article, you will read what is Izanagi’s Burden and How to get Izanagi’s Burden in Destiny 2.
Also Read: Destiny 2 Weapon Spreadsheet
- 1 What is Izanagi’s Burden?
How To Get Izanagi’s Burden in 2022
- 2.1 1. Find and Acquire The Mysterious Box
- 2.2 2. Find the Keys to Open The Mysterious Box
- 2.3 3. Speak To Ada-1
- 2.4 4. Acquire Glimmering Amethyst
- 2.5 5. Get a Rare Bounty from The Black Armory
- 2.6 6. Complete Run of Shattered Throne and Reprise of The Pyramidion Strike
- 2.7 7. Kill Siviks on the EDZ
- 2.8 8. Pick Up Izanagi’s Burden from Ada-1
- 3 Conclusion
What is Izanagi’s Burden?
The Izanagi’s Burden is one of the weirdest-looking Exotics in Destiny 2. It’s a sniper rifle that looks like a cross between a sword and an IUD. The Izanagi’s Burden is a powerful sniper that lets Guardians smoosh four bullets into one overpowered super bullet. The Izanagi’s Burden is an Exotic (check exotic weapons) Kinetic Sniper Rifle whose statistics and perks are sure to prove its worth, no doubt.
- Impact: 70
- Range: 53
- Stability: 47
- Handling: 52
- Reload Speed: 46
- Rounds per minute: 90
- Magazine: 4
- Aim Assistance: 62
- Inventory Size: 60
- Zoom: 45
- Recoil: 73
- Bounce Intensity: 27
- Bounce Direction: Tends Left
List of Perks (Curated Rolls):
- Honed Edge
- Chambered Compensator
- Accurized Rounds
- No Distractions
- Composite Stock
Continue to find out how to get the Izanagi’s Burden in Destiny 2.
How To Get Izanagi’s Burden in 2022
How to get Izanagi’s Burden in Shadowkeep (check best weapons added in shadowkeep) is a question that must’ve gone through your head at least once. Well, you can get that Exotic Sniper Rifle as a reward for completing “The Mystery Box” quest.
Going through a pretty long process to finish this quest is no doubt worth the wait for the Izanagi’s Burden. Therefore, we have built a step-by-step process so that you can get it for yourself as soon as possible.
Also Read: How Do Forges Work In Shadowkeep
1. Find and Acquire The Mysterious Box
In order to acquire The Mysterious Box, the path is quite simple. For this, you simply have to go to the Annex in The Tower to talk to The Black Armory vendor Ada-1. Once you have talked to Ada-1, pick up The Mysterious Box quest. However, to be eligible for this quest, you need to unlock the Black Armory forges by completing the Machine Gun Frame quest from Ada-1. Once this is completed, you can continue to find the keys for the Mysterious Box.
2. Find the Keys to Open The Mysterious Box
Now, after you have acquired the Mysterious Box, you will need the keys to open it. There are four keys in total that are spread throughout the Volundr, Izanami, and Gofannon forges except for the last key, which requires a bit more effort to get.
Acquiring the Keys:
- The Fishhook Key: This key will be in the Volundr Forge. The first droid can be found when you look out the back of the forge, and the second droid can be seen flying inside the cave when you turn around.
- The Butterfly Key: This key will be in the Izanami Forge. Both the droids can be found above the two islands. To make things easier, you can stand on the central island and shoot them both with the help of a long-ranged weapon such as a Scout or a Sniper.
- The Hand Key: This key will be in the Gofannon Forge. Here, one of the droids is near the wreckage and the other near a cave nearby.
- The Black Armory Key: This key will be in the Bergusia Forge. However, we first need to get its mold and acquire Glimmering Amethyst.
Once you’ve got the first three keys, you need to drop them at the end of the forge and then put them in your inventory. You can then “use” them to insert the keys into the Mysterious Box. Remember that you need to do this 3 times with each key.
Getting the Black Armory Key requires a little more work, so we’ll see how to get that later in this article. Don’t worry; we will not leave any doubts behind and be crystal clear with what you need to do.
3. Speak To Ada-1
- Next, you need to go back to The Tower and speak with Ada-1, and she will give you the mold for the Black Armory Key. However, next, you will need to get yourselves Watcher Lenses from Leviathan.
- In the underbelly of the Leviathan raid is where the enemies called Watchers to reside. This task can be completed either with a team or solo. Personally, going solo would be the better play.
- After you drop into the Leviathan, head straight to the switch room in the basement. Next, you will need to pull the switches in the order 1-5-3-2-4-6 and do it fast.
- Now that the switches have opened the store, go to the engine room where you will need to kill the Watchers. Now, this is where you’ll need to grind a bit. Once you have killed the enemies, exit the room and pull the switch again. You’ll need to repeat this process.
- After doing this about six times, you probably would have killed 24 Watchers, which will get you enough Watcher Lenses to meet the requirement for this quest.
4. Acquire Glimmering Amethyst
Here comes another grinding task as you need to acquire 200 Glimmering Amethyst. You can get these from opening planetary chests, completing strikes, or participating in Public Events. Completing Heroic Public Events would give you 10 of this per completion which is the fastest way to get them. In addition to this, try equipping a ghost with a chest finder for the specific planet that you’re on so that you can find multiple planetary chests as well while you wait for events.
Once you have gathered the 200 Glimmering Amethyst, you need to head to the Bergusia Forge. Yes, the one where you will get the Black Armory Key. You need to get the max temper here and beat the forge to get the final key. Remember that drones will come out halfway during the battle. When finished, simply open the box and get the final key.
Now that you have the final Black Armory Key, you can open the Mysterious Box.
5. Get a Rare Bounty from The Black Armory
Now for the most time-consuming task in the entire quest, that being, getting a rare bounty from The Black Armory. That’s because you will need to rely on the chance of a rare bounty drop on the completion of regular daily and weekly bounties from Ada-1.
Although this might sound like a nearly impossible, lucky situation, there is good news. With the 2.7.1 update in the game, the acquisition of Black Armory rare bounties has been significantly improved. This means that if you are able to complete all daily and weekly bounties from Ada-1, you will acquire a rare bounty within five days.
Once you receive this rare bounty, simply complete it to get the Obsidian Crystal as a reward.
6. Complete Run of Shattered Throne and Reprise of The Pyramidion Strike
Now that you’ve received the Obsidian Crystal, you need to do two runs.
- Shattered Throne: You need to complete a run of the Shattered Throne in Dreaming City, and it is suggested to attempt this with a Fireteam. You’ll simply need to kill the final boss – Dul Incaru, to complete the run.
- Reprise of the Pyramidion Strike: Remember that you cannot attempt this strike unless your Power Level is at least 650. Also, during the strike, you won’t be able to change your gear. Therefore, it is suggested that you equip a strong solar heavy weapon and a solar secondary for the solar class and then head to Lo with a Fireteam. Simply kill the boss like last time to complete the run.
7. Kill Siviks on the EDZ
We are now on to the final step of this long-lasting Destiny 2 Izanagi’s Burden quest. For this, you will need to head to EDZ (European Dead Zone) and start the mission from the patrol beacon. Then you simply have to chase down Siviks and kill him. It’s an easy and quick task, and on finishing it, you will receive an Exotic Item said to be “Not a Weapon.”
8. Pick Up Izanagi’s Burden from Ada-1
Finally, you have done it. You finished this quest that pushed your patience to the limit. So congratulations. Now you just need to head back to The Tower and speak with Ada-1. On confirmation, Ada-1 will hand you the Destiny 2 Exotic Izanagi’s Burden Sniper Rifle.
Below are some of the weapons guide you can get in Destiny 2:
- How To Get Anarchy in Destiny 2
- How To Get Mountaintop in Destiny 2
- How to Get Ikelos Shotgun in Destiny 2?
- How To Get Hammerhead In Destiny 2?
- How To Get The Recluse in Destiny 2?
- How To Get Dust Rock Blues In Destiny 2?
Does the Izanagi’s Burden feel good in your hands? Now that you have it, thanks to us, hopefully, it was worth it. The Strong Overpowering Sniper, which requires a whole lot of patience to get, is finally a part of your Arsenal and no doubt an incredible piece in your weapons collection.